Wednesday, November 16, 2011

for my mom.

it's her birthday. it's a special day! because she's special to me, and i couldn't imagine having any better of a friendship with my mom.


in many, many ways i am already a lot like her. she gifted me with lists & organization, a "like mother like daughter" face, a love of books, strong fingernails, and the ability to find simple pleasures (jared thinks its uncanny how we find the same things to laugh about.) and those are relatively unimportant things. she not only taught me all the good stuff when i was little, but she continues to teach me the grown up stuff about what it means to be a wife & mother. selfless. hardworking. patient. slow to anger, abounding in love.


happy 29th birthday mom. ;) i think your'e absolutely amazing, and i hope i grow up to be just like you!

1 comment:

  1. WOW! What a wonderful tribute you wrote for me. It's the last thing I read before ending my day and I feel greatly loved! You are a hugh blessing in my life. I love you my daughter.

    ReplyDelete