Sunday, November 20, 2011

the pilot.

I was ready for this stuff! Honestly, I was. And on a Saturday... it was blissful.


Pair that with a sunny sunday, a husband who finally gets to be home with no work to do, and a dog who should have been a huskie...


Dad, Jared & I are finishing up a 7 day stretch with no mom around - she comes home tonight, so I thought a bath for the doodle dog might be in order. My last attempt at this was quite interesting if you remember. You can read about that time here. However, I wisely learned from those past mistakes, and there was much less fighting, much less water, and much less yelling this time. We had "a talk" as I dragged her (literally) into the bathroom. I must have said something right. She awaited her fate calmly - and played dead weight.


Aside from one shake I did not see coming, we survived. And I think she was so tired of being prodded and told what to do she just finally gave up.


So we'll welcome mom home tonight with a clean dog, and look forward to celebrating her (belated) birthday with her tomorrow! I'm looking forward to a batch of homemade chicken noodle soup (recipie from my wonderful friend Mindy)... I'll make sure to share, it sounds fabulously easy.

Hope you had a wonderful weekend, snow or no snow! With how crisp and sparkly it is outside, I can't help but think about Isaiah 1:18 whenever I'm outside. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow...." Makes the winter weather that much more beautiful, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment