Thursday, May 5, 2011

And then there were two

Two diplomas, that is! Now when people ask me what I do, I don't stutter into a long sentance about finishing college, starting a second degree in massage therapy (but working at the same time). I'M A REHABILITATIVE MASSAGE THERAPIST. Aah, that's so much easier to say! I did decide to go through the graduation ceremony, and was very blessed to have my whole family there! Dave & Chris, Greg and Lori, Mom & Dad, and my amazing husband! Cheers and thankfullness to you guys for all your support through this process.


I learned so much through this degree.... sometimes I just start talking anatomy to Jared and I end up with my voice two octaves higher, eyes wide, and somehow trying to "win" a point of explaining to him all the concepts and reasons of WHY certain body mechanics hurt him and what he needs to be doing differently to fix it and prevent needing my desperate assistance to fix him. He's so great. He just smiles, waiting for me to be done and realize that he didn't even ask a question.

Aside from all the science, function, and technique I gained, I think that a more important and noteworthy principle I took away from this was even MORE reverence, awe, and thankfullness for how God so intricately wove our physical bodies. My class in 3D anatomy and kinesiology really drove this home to me... remember my clay maniken? I really should have taken an after picture before I pawned it off to mom and dad to store for us. :S  I continue to marvel and apply what I learned about my body into my worship. I am SO THANKFUL for a functioning body and the knowledge I have gained to be grateful for it!

So back to the night. We couldn't celebrate without Cheesecake Factory. Mmmm. I think it's just "the place to be" for celebrating in this family. It's where my parents, Jared and I went the very first time he met them (and hey, that WAS a celebration), it's been known to host our birthdays, anniversaries, and not to forget Greg + Lori's engagement after party! And the cheesy (hehe) picture is a must!


So here's to the end of yet another chapter of life! I definitely am thankful for the accomplishment, the enjoyment, and the lessons I learned about perseverence. Not to mention how much I learned to LOVE anatomy. On to the next! :)

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That's awesome to have your family there to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! I totally understand the whole, "I'm in college, still working, almost done" stuff... haha But you made it! Congrats to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Skyler. Great Accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay!!!!!! How awesome for you!!!! CONGRATULATIONS SKYLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. CONGRATULATIONS!! :) What an accomplishment, and a sigh of relief :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete