Friday, September 2, 2011

How women measure success

Funny isn't it.....


Women and our kitchens. MY kitchen. No one else's. Which... inevitably means MY mess.
Jared has games tonight, so I've been an "athletic widow" and decided to make meals for the weekend. I do get him tomorrow and for tidbits of sunday and monday... so I decided not to waste my precious time with him cooking. I felt good about this disaster that now overrides my kitchen.  But now I made the mistake of sitting down to blog about it. Hence it's slowly turning into a hideous beast that I'm desperately wanting to avoid. Sitting down is always a bad choice....

But anyways, it's success nonetheless!! Housewifery feels nice. And special thanks to the wonderful Chardonnay I treated myself to while my kitchen cried. It's the "spoonful of sugar" I need to create this type of disaster in my life. (Also a shout out to my feeble little candle who flickered steadfastly with everything it had to mask the evidence that any sort of invasion of smells happened here).



Right about now I wish I had magic powers.... Alas, up and at 'em! Thank you Lord for dishwashers.... and another glass of wine.

3 comments:

  1. So what all did you make with all those glorious dishes and that yummy Chardonnay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love having a glass of wine by myself at home, too. But this post makes me want to sit in your dirty kitchen and have a glass with you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, wonderful post! I understand the feeling(s). Love the blog, Skyler! :)

    ReplyDelete