Saturday, November 15, 2014

enjoying.

Right now things are still pretty busy around our house! Jared is finishing up the fall season within a few weeks, we have started to plan a little bit more for baby, and with the first dumping of snow this week (and more today!), it seems like we need to start preparing for the holidays! 

I'm planning on posting the first "here's whats up with baby" (if you will) post early this next week, so in the interim, here's a little bit of what we've been up to lately...

Making :: lists. things to research for baby gear (suggestions welcome!!), christmas lists, meal lists, hopes for the holidays, verses...
Cooking :: a big batch of wild rice soup. mmm.
Drinking :: hot apple blasts from caribou as a treat, raspberry tea when i'm home. and a new (healthy) pumpkin spice latte recipe from a blog i love.
Reading :: i have a few things on my plate all the same time. (a rarity for this plow-through-one-book-at-a-time lady). baby wise, cold tangerines by shauna niequist (thumbs up!), outlander....
Wanting :: to maximize this awesome time of year around thanksgiving/christmas. there is always so much anticipation and i'm trying to be intentional in each of them this year.
Looking :: at cribs. wanting to be prepared for black friday!
Playing :: christmas music. don't hate.
Wishing :: that i could snap my fingers and have a clean bathroom.
Enjoying :: oh, the snow. we got about 10 inches at our house on monday and I have to choose be happy about it. I think another inch or three is on its way down right now!


Waiting :: for our next ultrasound (4 weeks until our 20 week ultrasound!) Big "debate" going on over whether to find out gender or not.... :)
Liking :: that Gilmore Girls is on Netfilx. Danger zone.
Wondering :: if this baby is a boy or a girl. i'm afraid that my surprise-loving-husband is not going to cave on this one.
Loving :: the servant heart of my sweet husband. he has been so much help these past weeks around the house. i'd love him even if he wasn't, but he sure has been a servant!
Hoping :: that we can rest during these next two months. and drink in all the reasons to be grateful.
Marveling :: at the concept of advent. something I really want to pay more attention to and sit in this year. i just ordered a daily study that should be coming in mail soon!
Needing :: to keep getting my sleep!!!
Wearing :: my new boots. just in time for the madness!
Knowing :: that my God shall supply ALL my needs according to His will and His glory!
Thinking :: that it's a good year to buy a snowblower....my shoveling days are numbered!
Feeling :: pretty good! 2nd trimester has taken away most of my nausea, but I'm still pretty tired.
Bookmarking :: what am i not bookmarking right now.... babies take a lot of research!
Planning :: our New York trip in December! One last getaway before baby comes. :) I am so exited to see the Rockefeller center christmas tree!!
_____

Until next week, guys.... stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment