Sunday, November 23, 2014

17 weeks.


My usual "type A" tendencies have all but left me thus far this pregnancy. I have to think though, that it is slightly refreshing, and although I haven't documented as much as I thought I would, or started thinking about anything gear/nursery related, or read any books, I have truly enjoyed the slow pace, ease of mind, and ultimately, just drinking in this time. I realize I still have time, but am so thankful that the Lord has granted me peace and a calm spirit right now.

From what I have heard, I truly believe I have had it pretty darn easy with this baby. Thankfully I made it through the first trimester with only about 4 consistent weeks of daily nausea, no sickness, and lots, lots of sleep. Certain things that were a part of my daily diet have become like, the worst idea in the world to me... but aside from not being able to drink my green smoothies, I have truly enjoyed these first 4 months! 
__________

How big is baby // right now, baby is the size of a (big) onion, about 5 inches in length and 6 ounces. 

Development // putting on fat + muscle is the agenda right now! we have a fully formed little one in there, and his/her only job right now is to grow, grow, grow!

Sleep // i toss and turn a lot during the night, but all things considered, i am sleeping quite well. just my one pillow, and usually only one bathroom break early in the morning. oh, and the wackiest dreams.

Missing // red wine if I'm being completely honest, and seeing the eggnog show up in the grocery store has me pining for that as well. 

Craving // cheese. cottage, string, off the block, shredded in the bag.... we have bought more cheese in the past months than i think we have our whole entire marriage. that craving started right away and hasn't subsided.

Best moment of the week // pretty sure i felt those "flutters" for the first time this last week, but haven' had any quite as obvious since. looking at some carseats and cribs. starting to tell my clients at work. 

Looking forward to // our 20 week ultrasound coming up in 3 weeks. although we won't be finding out the gender, i am still beyond excited to see how much growth and change has happened in there! 


No comments:

Post a Comment