Saturday, June 18, 2011

B + H

B + H. This was their name for everything organizationally related. B + H centerpiece ideas, B + H wedding day timeline, B + H cupcake ideas. My computer was flooded with B + H documents. So quite fitting I believe, that my final interaction with their wedding should hold this title. When Bryant and Hannah asked me to be their wedding planner, it was a job I didn't even have to think about! I mean, how much fun did I have planning my own wedding!? A lot, in case you didn't know. And planning a wedding for our dear friends? Done. Months later, well, their day finally rolled around. 5.28.11 And it was blissful.


I have to admit, being a wedding planner for someone else's wedding is totally different than planning your own. But I have to say, at the end of it all, it was an experience I will never ever forget. I learned so much through this whole process! Half the time I was flying by the seat of my pants (thankfully no one could see inside my brain that day...) but I'm grateful the Lord helped me pull all the details together to pull off a seamless wedding day. I told Him, "Lord, you know I only have ONE pair of hands right now and I need help." He sent Shelley. Dear, dear Shelley. I said, "Lord, unless there is a REALLY important reason it needs to rain right now... like someone's house is burning down with 12 kids inside.... please hold off the rain." He did. I truly believe I was an instrument this day. Not only for Bryant and Hannah, but for myself. To show me that in times of difficulty where I don't know if I have it in me... He's there. And he cares about what's important to me! Even if it is just making someone's wedding happen. ;)
So here are some pictures from the day. Props to the florist Stephanie Armstrong (also who we used at our wedding!) for the gorgeous arrangements, as well as the pics of them. I was kinda busy....but when the first rays of sun peeked through the pathway to the ceremony site, and I was the only one at the orchard.... I had to.




The location was the gorgeous Minnetonka Orchards... what a stunning venue! And for a bride like Hannah, with the vintage-modern flair of their wedding, an orchard fit perfectly.


Everything on the tables, from the hand-frayed fabric, to the thrift store/antique shop vases and bird cages, was all hand done by Hannah & co. Talk about a busy bride. Totally worth it!


Hand made clay cake toppers, and a cupcake/candy table I spent a good chunk of the morning on withOUT eating a single one. :) After the dance was underway, and I had a moment to breathe, I snuck away for a bit just to get some scenery shots.



Dad said they had this exact same tractor growing up on the farm... I had to think about that one for a second. He dosn't seem that old. ;)

The rest of the evening was spent enjoying our friends. Ones that live close, and ones that live far. Cullen & Meghan, it was a joy to see you!!



 And plenty of steam was blown off in the photobooth that Bryant and Hannah had...



 Bryant and Hannah, it was truly a joy to be apart of your day. Bryant, I know Jared was so honored to stand up as your best man. He respects you, values your friendship and your brotherhood in Christ. Hannah, I am so so glad that we have a bond. :) It was fun from the beginning, but it turned into a love gift - for a true sister in the Lord. Blessings, newleyweds! We love you!

2 comments:

  1. i just saw this post today (I am SO behind in blog reading)! That was such a sweet post! thank you Skyler! :D :D :D

    ReplyDelete