Monday, September 29, 2014

a weekend on the north shore

I have always always wanted to see northern Minnesota in the fall. I've been there in most every other season, but autumn has eluded me for some reason. And hello, it's the best, so this past weekend was pretty much a dream come true for me. 




Rachel and I took a girls weekend since our guys were busy, and took it all in. We hiked around Grand Marais and the superior hiking trail, Oberg mountain, Leveaux mountain... and it was definitely fall up there! Both of us were on cloud 9. Thankful this lady loves fall as much as I do. 

 









When we were in Grand Marais, we stumbled across this donut shoppe that proclaimed to have the worlds best donuts... and you guys, I had a dream about these donuts last night. It might be a good thing they are 4 hours away or I would look like a very different person. Seriously. When in Grand Marais... buy lots of these cinnamon sugared donuts.


I loved the towns along lake superior, and we took the scenic drive on our way back into Duluth on saturday night. 


We were wiped out from a full day of hiking, so it was a little bit of relief to sit in the car for a bit, and after a delicious Mexican dinner right in canal park across the street from our hotel, we crashed hard. The next morning we toured around Duluth a bit before heading back up to Split rock lighthouse and Gooseberry Falls.




We were so thankful for a gorgeous weekend to do our thing and enjoy each others company. Girls weekends are a must! And I will most definitely want to get back to the north shore for the fall colors again. It was unlike any fall that I've experienced down here in the city. 




I am now ready to bring in autumn. It is my favorite season, and it was made all the more beautiful this year by this little getaway.
_________

"...if you really begin to pay attention, you'll soon discover that much of the time your mind is caught up in thinking about the past or the future. When we're lost in these thoughts we are not fully in our life at the present moment… it’s just that now, the present moment, is where your life actually takes place; it’s the only time you have to learn, to grow, and to be fully alive. If you are constantly rehearsing for the future or rehashing the past, you’re missing this moment of your life, which is the only moment you ever really have." 
{ Nancy Bardacke }

No comments:

Post a Comment