Friday, March 4, 2011

Happy Birthday Jared!

Well, as you already saw, Jared's birthday started out in the morning with some really scrumptious muffins! His grandma Barb sent me the recipe after finding out for herself how "truly glorious" they just were, and we had to agree! They definitely get you started to a healthy and tasty day. My favorite ingredient was the shaved apple. I will adding more of its goodness next time I make them!




Glorious Morning Muffins
2 eggs                                        2 tsps cinnamon
3/4 c. veg. oil                            1 1/2 c. shredded carrots
1/4 c. milk                                 1 c. shredded apple (peeled)
2 tsps vanilla                             1/2 c. coconut
2 c. flour                                    1/2 raisins
1 c. packed br. sugar               3/4 c. sliced almonds
2 tsps. baking soda

Heat oven to 350 and spray muffin pan with cooking spray (Pam)

In large bowl beat eggs, oil, milk, & vanilla until well blended.  Add flour, br. sugar, baking soda & cinnamon.
Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Stir in carrots, apple, coconut, & raisins, and 1/2 c. almonds.
Fill each muffin cup 3/4 full.  (use all the batter if I’m using the jumbo muffin cups)
Sprinkle remaining 1/4 c. nuts over batter.
Bake 20 - 25 min. 
Delightful with a ice cold glass of milk
_____________________________________________________

Jared and I spent the rest of the day just doing things we love. "Plans" didn't come until the evening, and sometimes, the best fun comes when you don't have a plan at all. That's how we went about our afternoon and it proved to be one of the funnest yet! And we can't forget about the free Caribou Coffee on your birthday! While we were out and about (on a whim) we decided to head into DSW to "just wander." Mistake. We definitely both walked out with a new pair of kicks. Cute though, huh?


After a tasty dinner at Ruby Tuesdays (my favorite location for a burger), we nixed our previous plans and decided to spend the evening in... together. Add in the cake, a movie, some homeade popcorn and it's a wrap! I had been busting at the seams to give Jared his present this year. For the record, keeping secrets isn't my "strongest suit" to put it nicely... so this was a huge accomplishment for me! And I think I can safely say... we are BOTH absolutely pumped! It might be just as much a present for me! (But of course I kept that to myself...) ;)






And yes, I have a 23 year old boy who still likes funfetti cake. And I love that about him.


We brought in the closer for the night! Homeade popcorn and a movie. (2 T olive oil to 1/2 cup corn - try it!) Yum! It was, as the whole day proved to be... truly glorious! Happy 23rd birthday sweetheart!!!


3 comments:

  1. Aw Happy Birthday to your hubby! And thanks for sharing the recipe for those muffins. :)

    Have fun at the Twins game!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the home opener. There is nothing like the sound of a ball coming of a bat of a Twins player. I will admit...I'm a little jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love your photos... Well taken!

    ReplyDelete