Monday, September 30, 2013

fall at our place.

It is truly starting to look like fall over here at our place. Aside from the fact that I am very aware of how I geek out in the fall over that cozy, homey feel - and decorating to match it - the leaves are blowing, sprinkling down that light layer of crunchy yellows to dust the grass, the windows are open, and when those gray days roll in it's pretty much time throw on some boots and go outside. And be happy because fall. is. here.


As I was perusing one of Jared & my friends, and favorite blogs the other day... (Hi, Summer!) {that's a link guys, go check her out!} ...she quoted C.S. Lewis perfectly and it explained not only why I glean so much joy from blogging, but also felt right on track about this whole "fall-y obsession" that I have an innate need to talk about and share:

"I think we delight to praise what we enjoy because the praise not merely expresses but completes the enjoyment; it is its appointed consummation. It is not out of compliment that lovers keep on telling one another how beautiful they are; the delight is incomplete till it is expressed."

And I was all, "yes!" this is exactly why I love talking about what I enjoy, fall included! If I didn't speak about what I'm thankful for & celebrating, somehow, I wouldn't enjoy it as much!



So thanks, you guys, for listening and just hearing what I'm praising and enjoying right now. Even if it doesn't mean as much to you as it does to me. :)

So. Right now at our place, we have fall goin' on. I've been to a barn sale in the country, I've made pumpkin bread & crock pot pulled pork this week, we're drinking chai, we've pulled out our down comforter & sleep with windows open, and we are practicing the discipline of giving thanks. How are you starting to enjoy Fall?

Right now we are counting our blessings. Here's a taste of what's going on at our place at the beginning of this glorious season.







And hey, one more reason to go visit Summer over on her blog... she made and sells goodies like these 50 promises cards that Jared and I loving memorizing!









So during my favorite season of all time, this is what we are clinging to and believing. That the Lord blesses us with these small joys in order that we may give HIM the thanks! Happy Fall, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. I love fall! We have one last day today of warm weather (high of 81) but then the rest of the week it will be fall weather. I am so excited! I love all of your decorations by the way :)

    ReplyDelete