Wednesday, August 22, 2012

a bridal shower.

59 days until I get to celebrate with this beautiful soon-to-be-bride....


I've had the joy of being at two showers for Jena so far, seeing how many people love her, love Jeff, and how many people care about their relationship as much as I think I do ;)  


It was a beautiful Saturday morning for a bridal shower. Jena's aunts and cousins hosted, and amidst some sangria and absolutely delicious breakfast, there was a lot of chatting and girl talk about the wedding. Jeff is away for another month on "post-deployment" buisness, so it's girls time to step up again, here, and take care of some business! Jen and I are trying to figure out some final bridesmaid's details... ie. shoes. Sigh, such a big decision.


I forgot my camera (how could I) so I only snapped a few pics with my iphone... not quite the same, but you have to make do sometimes. It was such a chatty fun morning that I probably would have missed out on a lot of good conversation, too, if I had been taking more pictures! The Iverson clan and extended "family clan" is such fun.



We played some little games, ate some super cute and yummy "breakfast" cupcakes...



...and just celebrated. This whole engagement journey has been quite up and down for these two with Jeff being deplyoed and what not, so now that all these festivities are starting, it just seems so real. October 20th cannot come fast enough. It will be a emotional wedding for me (I know that right now), as Jena has not only been such a huge part of my life, but I'm going to have to adapt to her being married just as she had to adapt to me. I am so excited that this time has come, and I am so happy for the couple they are. Love you Jena-bean!

No comments:

Post a Comment