Saturday, October 1, 2011

October.

Happy October, friends. I'm so excited for this time of year. It's here! Every day I am waiting for the trees to change to dynamic colors, but we have been having so much rain here, that it all still looks a bit saturated. So I'm having to resist waving my "fall freak flag" just a little bit longer. And when I have a chance to walk around holding a pumpkin spice latte, in my scarf and vest, wearing my uggs, and taking pictures of beautiful trees, I will wave it proudly. Until then, I am getting my fall fix in the form of babies in boots. Which is 10x cuter than any normal shoe in my opinion.


This is the little sweetheart that I am nannying for. She smells like a baby, smiles like a baby, and man does she ever have the eyes. Sometimes we come to the park at our apartment complex and spend some mid-morning time here.... one of her favorite pastimes is unloading - loading - unloading - loading our "extras" basket. Whatever works, sister.


Totally mesmerized by my camera, (or maybe a little annoyed at me for interrupting her rhythm)...she kept the smiles to herself, but nonetheless, it's her eyes that get me. She is so fun to be around. We have already mastered a few new "words," learned to sit still long enough to read a few books, and we're working on the potty thing. :)

So amidst the rain, lack of tree color, and not getting my autumn "fix" yet, Alyssa has resigned herself to the fact that "we're wearing our boots today because it's fall!" Such a good sport. You can only do this to them for so long. ;)

So happy October 1st.... I'm just waiting to wave my flag.

1 comment:

  1. Aww - she's so adorable, Skyler! I can only imagine the fun you two have :)

    ReplyDelete