Monday, March 30, 2015

35 weeks.


Well, it feels as though as we are in the final stretch over here. Even though there is still a month left, baby J is in position and ready to go, measuring quite ahead of schedule (a punctual one, we might have!) and Jared and I really feel as prepared as we could - all circumstances considered right now - and so ready to meet our little babe!

Baby is doing really well! Such an active little one we have on our hands. It's been fun to see the somewhat predictable times of day that he/she is awake, how they already respond to what I'm eating or drinking, and just how Jared and I can get him/her to move by talking or singing. (Baby's hearing is fully developed now! So we're really talking it up a lot around here... :) It's definitely a more interactive stage here towards the end and it's been really fun. Although I can't say that I will miss being pregnant, I am really trying to soak in every stage that we are in, because I know all too soon I will probably miss the ease of having baby inside rather than out. :)

Not too much has changed in the past few weeks house/life related - Jared has finished all the demo on the house, with some great help from his dad and brother - and once we get some final measurements from the contractor tomorrow, we should be getting the green light to go ahead and get ordering and install set up for all our flooring/trim/doors, etc. The paint has been decided on, and Jared (and others!) are going to tackle that after Easter. One thing at a time. We are excited to get in the house, but conscious that the task of all that plus moving in might be too much with a newborn (or almost newborn) so we'll see in the moment where we end up around baby's due date - whether it's in the new house or still here at my parents.
_____________________

Some highlights of the past week or so:

March Madness || we hope we are instilling in baby j a love of sports by how much we are talking and watching basketball these days. we just love this tournament, and watch more tv in these few weeks than anytime else. :) Right now we're thankful my parents have cable and DVR. ;)

Finishing off some baby necessities || in a last minute effort to feel like we were prepared if this baby decided to make an early appearance, we have stocked up on some diapers, onesies, wipes, got a bassinet/moses basket, and I've just begun washing all the cute little clothes and blankets. Talk about making it feel real - that first load of itty-bitty onesies coming out of the dryer definitely did it! I've also done some research, prep-work, and purchasing of supplies for some post-baby healing and natural care for both baby and myself. I am hoping that we can be on the best possible mend after delivery by using some of them!

Packing a hospital bag || ok, so it's not quite packed yet.... but a master list is made, and we have hopes of having it packed this week. Or the next. ;) 

Preparing for labor || thankfully the Lord has thus far helped my mind stay steadfast and controlled, but I am preparing some specific verses and quotes that I can read and meditate on at the hospital. As well as my all time favorite set of 50 Promise Cards created by my friend Summer (go check them out!) for everyday purposes, but most definitely they will be by my side during labor. I am actually enjoying putting all these things together in anticipation of helping myself keep a focused mind. 
____________________

Some things we're looking forward to:

Easter in Storden || it will most likely be the last time we head down to my inlaws as just the two of us, and it will be so good to spend that one-on-one time with just Jared and I and his parents. Not to mention celebrating Easter! 

My work baby shower || my office is treating me and baby to an awesome shower coming up after Easter. :) A beautiful sunny room at French Meadow bakery, with absolutely delicious food (its a fave of mine if you've never been there!!) and great company. It will be a fun celebration!

Meeting baby Graff || our dear, dear friends are welcoming their 2nd boy this next week, and he already has our hearts won over. His parents and big brother Ryland are a huge part of our life, and we just know that baby J and the two boys are going to be best of friends. :)

Our 36 week ultrasound || although I've been having some non-routine "biophysical" ultrasounds to check on some blood pressure issues I've been having (all looks great with baby) it will be really fun to have Jared back in the room and to see baby J's face, and get a little bit of a taste of what he/she looks like! 20 weeks seems like so long ago, and that was the last time we saw baby's face. :)
_______________________

Until next time! Hope you all have a blessed Easter, and continue to enjoy this early sprintgtime! :)









No comments:

Post a Comment