Monday, March 16, 2015

33 weeks


It's spring around here, and baby and I are loving it! It has been so wonderful to be able to walk outdoors rather than indoors, to not wear a coat, to bust out the flats, and have the windows open! I am so excited for this to continue... crossing our fingers that it does!

It has been quite the last few weeks around here. Since we last checked in, the three of us have moved out of our first house in Blaine, in to my parents house in Chanhassen, started demo on some projects on our new house in Plymouth, sent Jared off (twice!) on work trips to Chicago and Florida, had a baby shower... and somehow managed to stay healthy and sane. Through it all, I am finding that in order to keep my sanity, putting pressure on myself to "get the fun stuff done" (read: blog about the move, the new house/projects, more baby blogs...) I have to just stop. And quite frankly, just not try to do it all. So it will happen..... in time. :)

how big is baby // this week baby is topping the charts at 4.5 lbs, and about 19 inches long. about the size of a honeydew melon! 

development // in these final weeks, baby is gaining about a 1/2 pound of weight per week. as he/she continues to grow, there is (noticeably) less and less space to move which explains the intense jabs and kicks that have started to become routine for us. :) It's also immune system central right now and baby is working hard on developing antibodies so that their own little system is in tip-top shape when it's time to start working on its own. I've increased my probiotics lately to help along that process. :)

sleep // other than tossing and turning from side to side, and having to adjust my knee pillow, I feel like it's been better this past week or two than the previous few. Maybe it's everything we've been trying to do lately that just has me so wiped out. :) However long this hard sleep decides to last, I'm thankful!

missing // honestly - the physical capabilities of my old body. This week I've really started to feel like I'm slowing down significantly, and sometimes thats a little hard to swallow. Of course I know that my body is different right now, and of course, I don't expect it to function exactly the same as it did before, but I am looking forward to being able to lay on the couch comfortably, or walk up and down the stairs, or even just stand up sometimes... I've had to take a few pretty big bites of humble pie lately and settle myself down. 

craving // not too much out of the usual. been eating a lot of fruits and veggies lately - green smoothies are my friend again and I'm loving that! 

best moment of the week // baby j and I had our first shower last weekend, and it was absolutely amazing... surrounded by all the women I love, it was so joyful!!! It was a book themed shower, and my dear friends Kaitlin & Rachel did a spectacular job bringing all my childhood favorites into the mix. We had so. much. fun. and were so blessed by everyone that was able to make it. thank you thank you times a million.













looking forward to // purchasing our car seat when Jared gets back from Florida later this week. And getting it all set up in the car and seeing how it works in the stroller... it's empty now, and even though we still have 6-7 weeks left, everyone tells me you best be prepared! I'm also looking forward to Easter, spending some time with family, and hopefully making some decisions on paint for the new house.

something i'm loving // these scripture lullabies I found. I've been listening to them in the car and starting to get baby used to them. :) They are such beautiful arrangements of singing scripture and so peaceful. They've really been a blessing to me also! 

something i'm not loving // that I don't know the gender of this baby! I was doing so well for the longest time, but man, am I getting antsy now as we get closer.... it's taking everything in me not to cave!!

Another few busy weeks are in the mix for us as Jared continues to work hard at the house and pack the hours in with spring sports. Everyone says that these final weeks before baby just seem to drag by, and from a physical standpoint I'm starting to understand that, but good grief, with everything else going on right now, I feel like they are going to keep flying by. We don't really have a timeline yet of when we are hoping to be in the house, but with having to do more demo, replace trim, doors, all the flooring in the house, and paint, I'm not holding by breath for any given day. It will happen as it happens, and we WILL stay sane doing it and not push ourselves too much. We are trying to soak in these last weeks as it is just the two of us. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment