Monday, February 23, 2015

30 weeks

Ten weeks to go of this "little project" and time is flying by! We have been busy-bees packing up our house preparing to move next week! So in between boxes, empty walls, eating out our fridge; and paint swatches, carpet and flooring samples for the new house, we have been loving the growth and development we have seen in these past weeks of our little babe. Our little babe that we cant wait to meet!!!


How big is baby // about 17.5 inches long, and has crossed the 3 lb mark! Getting so big! I can definitely tell that their length is more notable than their weight. First its a jab way over on my side then up by my ribs, then the other side - he/she is definitely spanning the width and length of my tummy!

Development // about half a pound of fat per week is the name of the game right now! Baby's brain is growing daily, and now looks like a "normal" brain, with all the grooves and wrinkles. As a result they can regulate their body close to that of being outside the womb - temperature, dreaming, swallowing, blinking, hiccuping (that's a fun new experience!)

Sleep // this past week has been ok, but I am humored at the way my body is in preparation for post-baby nights. Come to think of it, it would be quite the shock to the system to be sleeping great and then behold, one day, throw a newborn infant, 2 hours of restless "sleep" and the biggest life change ever into the mix. At least this way I feel slightly prepared on one account. :) 

Missing // summer color on my skin. When you feel about 7 sizes bigger than you used to, and are starting to notice a tinge of swelling by the end of the day, and feel pasty white it makes for an interesting combination. :) I am really looking forward to spring and summer sunshine, birds, walks, breezes....

Craving // lots of things I feel like. Hamburgers with avocado and swiss cheese. Ritz crackers + milk. Orange juice. Breakfast food. Most all food sounds good to me right now, to be frank. :)

Best moment of the week // we had our first baby class last week. Both of us were a little hesitant/skeptical/anxious... if we can say... but it turned out to be quite fun. We both think that the group of couples are going to fun to get to know over the next 6 weeks, and hopefully we can at least gleam a few tidbits of wisdom out of the deal... 

Looking forward to // starting to compile some baby things. :) We have a crib, but with the madness of the move and not really knowing where we will be that is the extent of what we have. :) And as much as it seems crazy that we are 10 weeks out - it seems even crazier to think that we are in no way really prepared. :) Not one box of diapers, not one onezie. But nonetheless, it is not stressing us out in the least, we are so thankful for all the change coming up and all the ways the Lord is providing for our housing and family needs. And it just means that there will be some fun shopping trips coming up in the near future! :) 

Milestones // Finding out I can still zip my winter coat! (If the layers underneath do not include a down vest :) Simple pleasures. And hopefully the weather will only warm up from here and I won't have to figure out what to do after I grow a few more inches. Getting my big winter boots on and off also makes the noteworthy list. 
___________

Over the next week or two I will drop in with pictures of our new digs and the demo process that my wonderful husband, friends and family are going to be undertaking! No demo, paint, dust, or demo for me and baby, though. :) I am feeling kind of guilty that I won't be much help in this move process, but oh so thankful that we have a support of people around us to help out where I fall short right now. 

All three of us are well and good, and we are so excited for these coming weeks! Baby J is coming quickly and these soon-to-be parents are getting suuuuuper pumped!!! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment