Sunday, February 8, 2015

28 weeks

\\ You created the deepest parts of my being.
You knit me together inside my mother's body.
How you made me is amazing and wonderful.
I praise you for that.
What you have done is wonderful.
I know that very well.
None of my bones were hidden from you
when you made me inside my mother's body.
That place was as dark as the deepest parts of the earth.
When you were putting me together there,
your eyes saw my body even before it was formed.
You planned how many days I would live.
You wrote down the number of them in your book
before I had even lived through one of them. \\
Psalm 139: 13-16


Into the 3rd trimester we go! Some (most) days when I think about the course of this pregnancy I feel like it has gone so fast it's been a blur. Many people tell me that the last few weeks are the longest, (and not that I disagree, I obviously have no comparison!) but with everything that has been going on in our life lately, and everything coming up, it feels to me like it's only going to keep speeding by! We have been filling our days with busy work schedules, a few new netflix shows, more home-cooked meals then I've made in months :) prenatal yoga (just for me), body pillow nests on the couch while watching said netflix shows (also just for me) and grandma Barb's freshly shipped grapefruit from her tree in Arizona. Baby J is hanging in there through all the hustle, and has been a trooper!


How big is baby // Up to 16 inches long, and roughly 2.5 lbs! According to those "fruit reports" baby is the size of an eggplant this week. Continuing to just put on fat and muscle - ie. weight. :)

Development // baby has been adding some new skills lately! Blinking, coughing, hiccuping, deep REM sleep, dreaming, and settling into a more proper position for birth! Although to me it feels like he/she still has plenty of room to move around in there based on the flips they like to do. 

Sleep // meh. I'm just going to leave it at that. I'm trying so hard to not complain :) but it's been a tad tough lately.

Missing // Being able to breathe normally through my nose. Or even feel like I can take normal breaths at all. haha It's like 24/7 allergies around here - quite interesting to be short of breath! Also the aforementioned sleep :)

Craving // grapefruit (thankfully we have it in abundance... thanks Grandma Barb!), graham crackers + milk, blackberries, cheese, blackberries, milk, blackberries....

Best moment(s) of the week // well, the last few weeks have been pretty crazy. Jared and I made the decision to put our house up on the market and move a little more "centrally" to help with the childcare commute, and all around lifestyle. We saw some major answer to prayer in that our house sold in record time - and thus began the search for our new home. :) And this past week we put in an offer on one! Assuming inspection and all goes through this coming week, we hope to be Plymouth residents in just a few short weeks! Baby J's new home! We also have some names! If Baby J is a girl, we have that all set and ready to go... if they are a boy we still have some finalizing to do, but I think we have it down to 2ish. :) It drives Jared crazy that we (read: me) haven't quite made up our mind on that yet, but hey, we still have 12 weeks. :)

Looking forward to // the fun changes we are hoping to make on this new house. Jared and I thankfully have the same design taste so (Lord-willing) ;) we are really excited to put our own touches on the house. It's going to be a busy, busy, busy, next 4-5 weeks, and we would like to have all our projects done before we move in, and before baby, but we'll see. One thing at a time. :)

Milestones // the last 1-2ish weeks have been so fun to feel the significant change in baby's movements. Obviously some days are more than others, but when this kiddo gets going.... whoof! Seeing my stomach roll in circle sometimes, or feeling specific parts of the body (now, I have no clue what they are but they are definitely something!), or having the baby move in response to Jared talking to him/her... is super, SUPER fun. 

The weeks are coming and going, just as fast as ever, we are so thankful that baby seems happy and healthy in there! 12 more weeks, give or take until we can meet this sweetie!!! So amazing, and we are SO. THANKFUL. 

\\ Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we profess, for our God can be trusted to keep His promises. \\ Hebrews 10:23

No comments:

Post a Comment