Thursday, January 15, 2015

25 weeks.


After sweet little baby J decided to "hide" from us at our big 20 week ultrasound we got a chance to try again this week at our next appointment! And what a joy it was to see this precious, precious little face!



We caught quite a bit of footage of baby sucking his/her thumb which was absolutely adorable. It was even a bit touch and go for awhile that they would stop long enough for us to get a view of them without their hand covering their face! It is so fun having this sight right on our refrigerator to stare at. 
____________________

Well, its week 25 around here, and it's been a good month overall... baby and I have stayed healthy (despite dad's attempt to infect us ;) and are feeling quite optimistic that we're in the clear! It was a lot of fun to bring in the new year and think about the fact that the next time we celebrate New Years Eve we will have a 7-ish month old! It's birth year, baby! We had some wonderful friends in town that baby got to "meet" and as we only have about 15 weeks left, it's been fun talking "all things baby related" with a little more intention as the end is kind of in sight!
____________________


How big is baby // just under 2 lbs, according to this week's visit! This whole "size of a fruit" thing I'm just totally over - maybe it's my practical side, or maybe it's denial, but I'm sorry there is no way that I have a 13 inch cantaloupe inside of me... we'll just stick with what the doc says. :)

Development // one job and one job only - grow! It's been fun knowing that baby's hearing is developing, so lots of singing, music, and listening to daddy talk have been going on around our place. That fabulous face is almost fully formed - with hair, eyelashes and even eyebrows! 

Sleep // well, up until a few days ago I was all ready to still proclaim that I was doing awesome.... but I am starting to notice some "changes" to put it lightly. Getting a little uncomfy, but I've rigged a few tricks to help I think. I miss sleeping on my back!! And leg cramps are for the birds. 

Missing // sleeping on my back and sleeping on my stomach are the two big ones. 

Craving // still doing cheese! I've gotten back in my green smoothie routine, and am liking those, clementines, and applesauce. Noticing that anything refreshing is my friend.... as says every pregnant woman in the entire world.

Best moment of the week // passing my glucose test, seeing our sweetie's face for the first time on that ultrasound screen, and finalizing my maternity leave and post-baby work decisions!

Looking forward to // some big changes coming up around the johnson household! I'll save that for later. :) We are also excited to be narrowing down names. We are both really looking forward to having just one boy name and one girl name picked out so we can start to pray and talk more specifically about the baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment