Sunday, September 22, 2013

the turkey day 10k

Until recently, I was very confused as to why an annual race on September 14 was coined as "turkey day" seeing that we weren't even in October yet let alone November... 



Apparently.... if you're the turkey capitol of the world - you can (and probably should) claim every day as turkey day. That being Minnesota's very own - Worthington! It's kind of a big deal, as I found out. I was so blessed to be able to run with my mom, my  inlaws, Jared's uncle Dan, and close family friend, Grace. And we had the rest of the fam there to support us! We were down in their neck of the woods after all... 






Pre-race happy smiles! Thanks to Barb, Megan, Drew, Grandma, Amy, Mark, Cashel & Kendrick for cheering us on! It was great to see your faces when I was running up a hill, into the wind, around the 5 mile marker. When I needed it most! :) And this picture was the highlight of my day...



Although the last 1/2 mile was uphill... that finish line, greeting my family, celebrating being able to do this together, with healthy bodies, glorifying the Lord for the opportunity He has given us and the capability to run was priceless. 

That's my runners high.






My beautiful and ispiring moms. Thank you both for encouraging me to tackle this thing called running! Love you both.


I missed my hubby this weekend. :( He would have done a lot to have made it down to run with us and be a part of this all. Unfortunately with it being Bethel's first home football game of the season he couldn't sneak away. :) But my dad sent him a video of me crossing the finish line, so that made up for it a little. :) We spent wonderful time with family carbing-up post race. Pizza ranch is this family's group meeting place of choice. I couldn't be happier! It was a fun, loud, joyful time to all be together. And we shut the place down after lunch looking just like this! We're even missing a few in this pic!


Aren't they brothers?!


Post lunch, and almost falling asleep in the car from all those carbs, we made a quick stop at a local orchard for some freshly picked goodies. Didn't spend long, but it sure signaled that fall was on its way!!


So beautiful. So thankful. So excited for fall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment