Monday, December 26, 2011

merry merry christmas

Merry Christmas friends! It has been a wonderfully busy but blessed season for Jared and I. We have had the opportunity to be with both of our families, seperate and together, a reminder of what we truly have to be thankful for. :)




We spent Wednesday night through Christmas morning in Storden with Dave & Chris, Greg & Lori. It was peaceful, fun, and so good to get away from the city for a bit. We "took a drive" on Christmas Eve through the country watching the sunset and just "being," ate our fair share of cookies, creme brulee, & rice pudding, and the highlight: watching The Nativity Story for the first time. I'm telling you.... it is going to become a staple for Jared and I on Christmas Eve. If you haven't seen it, put it on the to-do list for next Christmas, because it brought me to a total state of worship for what actually happened on that Holy night. It definitely put the next activity in its rightful place. Don't get me wrong, we had fun... but this Christmas, more so than ever before (and thanks to the wonderful movie) I felt overcome of what Christ's birth means to me and to this season.


After church on Christmas morning, we ate a quick lunch, and headed back to my parents house (with Dave & Chris in tow!) :) Close friends Paul & Tammy joined us, for a packed house for Christmas dinner, games (including a 2 table tournament of 500), food, and enough sugar to result in deciding to start a game of friendly poker at this hour of the morning....


Husband rolled into bed around 2:15am. Thankfully all 8 of us woke up on the right side of the bed! We had "Christmas" with mom & dad (and Sami) just this morning. Although my spirit about Christmas is in a different place this year after watching The Nativity Story it is still such a joy to see faces like this over presents...


So merry Christmas. And this year, over the fun of gifts, parties, treats & friends, I am reminded of the holiness of what happened in Bethlehem. The humanly struggles were made real to me, and the reverence of His birth brought to life. That's the way it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment