Tuesday, January 3, 2012

breezy point

Getaways are always welcome in our house. Jared and I enjoyed a few days away at Breezy Point resort with Dave & Chris during that wonderful week between Christmas and new years. Seriously, who doesn't love that week. Practically everyone takes "no guilt" vacation, there's still something to look forward to after the Christmas buzz (new years), and it's like a full week of holiday. It's just wonderful.


For as much as I wished I could have seen it covered in snow up there, I was granted a dusting one evening. It was enough to appease me a little bit. :) But the weather was fabulous, sunny and 20s, so I have nothing to whine about!


It was such a blessing for Dave & Chris to invite us up. We relaxed together in their amazing condo by the fireplace, read, went to a wine & cheese tasting, took walks, played some intense ping pong, ice skated, took some drives, conquered a difficult puzzle, and Chris & I visited a candle factory and literally got the grand tour seeing how they make the molds, candles, etc. (um, awesome... I was in heaven.)





I had never been to Breezy before, and it was a total retreat. Now, if there had been more snow, it might not have been as "relaxing" as we would have been snowmobiling, snowshoeing, cross country skiing.... so maybe I should be thankful for the browness this time. Nestling up inside was just what we needed. Thanks Chris & Dave!


No comments:

Post a Comment