Friday, December 16, 2011

the christmas details

These things mean it's Christmastime. Among many other details like red and green sprinkles, reading Christmas books at night with Jared, peppermint mochas, our big Christmas mugs, and hiding my stash of unwrapped goodies. But right now, I'm loving these:


Can't get enough pomegranates. It's like pulling teeth to seed one, but we go through them like chocolate. My favorite is with vanilla yogurt. Jared and I wait in anticipation for December to roll around so we can have these. We tried jumping the gun in November last year... don't bother. Wait for the good ones. It's SO worth it.


Setting up my North Pole village. Mom & Dad have a marvelous spot for it on their dining room hutch right now.... we shall see where it ends up next year. More to come on that soon.


I started receiving one house each year from my grandparents when I was pretty little. The collection grew and grew, and now I absolutely love not only having this as a momento from them, but being able to set it up every year. It's always fun finding some new detail or way to set it up. Last year we made the sledding hill (top right photo), and now it's one of my favortie "house displays."


I did have to branch away from the traditional North Pole collection just once... there's something about Caribou at Christmas. :)


Our stockings. When they get hung up, it makes me feel like a newleywed all over again.


This manger scene has been around as long as I can remember. It stepped up it's cool-factor when I thought to hang the angel from the tree (circa 1998), and is now a wonderful detail of Christmas in my mind. I'm trying to decide what type of manger scene I want to start for Jared and I now. I loved the tradition of setting it up and I want that for our family too.

Well, it's still a brown December here. :( In some ways, I am thankful, as Jared's commute has been that much easier with good roads, but I am craving me some wintery wonderland. For now though, I am enjoying the details inside the house. Have a great weekend! Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

  1. That Christmas village is amazing! It's so beautiful. What are great thing you get to have forever. Oh and the Caribou one... Awesome.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete