Monday, January 17, 2011

Italy & banana pancakes

This weekend, Jared and I played dinner party hosts! We're doing this funny thing with our Minneapolis group of friends (ironically all my old high school friends who have returned to MN!) where we take turns hosting dinner parties themed of different countries around the world. And the best part - eating its food. Italy was the destination we chose to attempt, and I decided the menu for the evening would be bruschetta, chicken & spinach lasagna, topped off with tiramisu. (All homeade, might I add.) It was tasty!!



We've already tasted Mexico at Steve & Annie's, and now Itlay, I hear our next stop is Germany at Kelly's! I'll eat the Saurkraut and Jared will have the brats....
After dinner, in traditional fashion, we played an awesome game of Whoonu. It'll get us laughing everytime! We are so grateful for close, fun friends! The kind that have been around to know your past, laugh with about your childhood, high school quirks, etc. Some of us have even been together since kindergarten. It's really special and I'm so grateful that Jared has gotten to be just as close with them as I have. And only as you guys would understand, this night was "legend...wait for it...dary." Love you guys! (missed you Annie, Tim, and Kristen!)


Well, once the kitchen was cleaned, and Jared and I had slept soundly after a day in the kitchen, we both decided a big special breakfast was in order. Jared was lucky enough to get today off for MLK day, so this morning we made.......



And the final result... banana pancakes for my hubby! (and me) :)

It was a wonderful day off - not only did we indulge in a wonderful breakfast together, but we worked it all off when we joined a gym. :) It was a great, great day. I hope however your MLK day was spent, that it was spent well; enjoying the freedoms we've been given, and the joys of our life! Happy Monday!

3 comments:

  1. I love everything about this post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! So fun you guys! What a creative dinner party idea. I LOVE it! You're quite the cook Skyler. :) Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I made the blog.

    David

    ReplyDelete