Tuesday, November 8, 2011

I caved...

Now I had a "rule" growing up about listening to Christmas music. Not until after mom's birthday. :) Which is coming up here in exactly 8 days. Typically that has just been engrained in my head, and I never even thought of anything different. Until today. Sigh. While eating my breakfast, I was getting *slightly annoyed at the expolsion of gushing over Justin Beiber's christmas cd that has so conveniently dominated my facebook news feed for about a week now. So what did I do? I had to see what all the hype was about. As much as this pains me, I found 2 songs on his cd that I actually could picture myself listening to. Little boy Justin  brought me to that cozied up by the fire "christmas spot" in Silent Night. Take a listen.  

Well that just got my taste buds prepped for coziness. You know... that imagery of a crackling fire, hot chocolate & dim lights, while decorating the tree listening to swanky christmas music while you're wearing a slouchy sweater, leggings, and santa hat? (hey - guarantee every woman has a similiar imagery). If there is one playlist on my itunes I'm most proud of it's definitely my Christmas one. Oh, the variety of old & new, favorite artists and orchestras, classics and some new spins. It's a beautiful thing. We got re-connected this morning. New faces in my playlist this year....


Check out my faves on their cd - (in my opinion, not that you really can compare, they're a modern version of the Carpenters.) Love it.
The Christmas Waltz

I'll be home for Christmas

So, I caved. Sorry, mom. It won't happen again for another 8 days. When November 17th rolls around, I get my music fix. And then on the 25th beware... Christmas comes out silver bells ringing!!

1 comment:

  1. Haha :) I love you, Skyler :) I've been listening to Christmas music year-round already. I should totally make you an awesome mix CD circa the 90's.

    BUT - if you don't hate country and want a good one, probably one of my favorite Christmas CDs is LoneStar's.

    ReplyDelete