Tuesday, December 10, 2013

decembering

What a great time of year, isn't it? One of my favorites if I'm being honest. I love that the snow is staying around, the sky has been bluer than blue, and thinking about Christmas is an every day happening around here. And although the temps have been bitterly cold, I read a quote the other day that said, "there's nothing like -20 to make you appreciate 20 above!" True story. We've been staying cozied indoors this past week. Doing Christmasy things...



{like, putting up our Christmas decorations and watching movies on the living room floor}


{munching on cinnamon sugared almonds, pomegranates and drinking lots of hot chocolate}




{making Christmas pillows, and spending some "quality" time with Sami over Thanksgiving weekend}



{some outdoor decorating at mom + dads. Pine trees are so wintery.}


{frosty, sunny mornings. turning the heat up and putting on wool socks.}


{blurry Christmas trees, and...}


{the finished product.}

We are quickly approaching the capstone of what this whole month signifies. As Jared and I attempt to slow down and take time for the two of us, to appreciate the blessing God has given us in a home, in each other, and in His Son this Christmastime, I also hope that you are able to find the same peace, joy and rest! Happy Decembering!

Peace I leave with you, my Peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled, and do not be afraid. | John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment