Saturday, March 3, 2012

the net

We had a girls night out. A girls night out for support, encouragement, laughs, and bonding. Brought ourselves to a nice restraunt, fancied up, and spent the night laughing. We celebrated a late valentines day with Jena, as her fiancee is faithfully serving the United States in Afghanistan right now, so it was an evening talking about her wedding, and just being her "net." We females need that...




I faithfully (and obsessively, as Jared would say) follow a blog called Enjoying the Small Things. The author, Kelle Hampton wrote awhile back, about the importance of "a net" of friends for women. She went through the unexpected birth of a baby girl with Down's Syndrome about 2 years ago, and realized the importance of what it means to have women in your life that can be your support when you don't have the strength to be it for yourself. What a blessing this "net" can be. I have seen it in action over the past few months, and the strength it provides overwhelmes me with gratefullness.



I am so thankful for my girlfriends. For the net they provide me in my times of need, but also the encouragement and blessing that comes from being in a net for someone else. It was a fabulous girls evening out. I'm always rejuvinated after times like this, and spurred on to keep praying for my friends, and thanking the Lord daily that they are in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment