Monday, January 28, 2013

as you made me.

I have a wonderful woman in my life who in the short 6 months I have known her has become a source of encouragement, friendship, and constant prayer warrior. She's my mentor and she's very special. A few months ago, she introduced this prayer to me that was written by the wife of one of our pastors. Each section has spoken to me at different times over the past few months.

This morning - as I'm [hopefully] working through the final stages of being sick, it's been on my mind and on my heart. May you feel the same urge to stand up fully into the life God intended for you. 

{as you made me}

Heal my eyes that I may see
As I was made to see

Heal my ears that I may hear
As I was made to hear

Heal my mind that I may think
As I was made to think

Heal my mouth that I may speak
As I was made to speak

Heal my heart that I may love
As I was made to love

Heal my will that I may choose
As I was made to choose

Heal my back that I may stand straight
Into who I was made to be

Heal my arms that I may hold
All that I was made to hold
     And release what is not mine to hold

Heal my hands that I may work
As I was made to work

Heal my legs that I may move
As I was made to move

Heal my space within that I may birth
What I was made to birth

Heal my feet that wherever I am
I may stand
     And wherever you lead
          I may go. 
          Amen.

- Mary Martin Weins

_________

Something to chew on for a Monday morning. May your week be blessed with the presence of our wonderful God! 

*poem and design credit to Mary Martin Weins and the Coming Home series through Church of the Open Door. 




No comments:

Post a Comment