Monday, September 19, 2011

Change.

Most often when I hear or see this word, I typically don't like it. As much as I don't like to think it of myself.... being honest I don't really like change. Unless it comes in the form of seasons.

Fall is close; it's not here yet, but our tastebuds are prepped. Rain has been prevalent, but the leaves are trying to turn on certain trees, and after it rains... oh, the smell. Lately I have taken to walking (with the little girl I nanny for riding along like a trooper in her stroller), durning which I have been having such real conversations with the Lord. Much has been on Jared and my plate lately, and often times I have felt like this rain soaked leaf. Heavy, drenched, flimsy, not to mention laying on hard concrete. I saw this leaf today - so perfectly shaped like a cookie cutter - slightly colored as if it is on the brink of changing over - and I sympathized with it. Pathetic, I know, but it reminded me of me. I drew an analogy in my head (too cheesy to blog about) of God/the leaf/me/the leaf/God.... and was refreshed enough to finish our walk with my head higher and a quicker stride.

I've seen blogs and facebook posts of how everyone has been having such wonderful fall beginnings with rest, and pictures, and rejuvination, and quality time... and I am craving that. Life has been so different these past few weeks for us. God has thrown us a pitching machine of curveballs. Between our schedules, weekend sporting events, late nights at the office, or no weekends at all (to name only a few), Jared and my time has been limited. And big decisions abound. What time we do have has been filled with some serious prayer together, discussions, and just getting back on track. We have been having to pray so strongly that the base of our marriage is rooted in the Lord, and I'm so grateful that the time we have been able to spend together has been solid.

I have enjoyed a few tastes of fall. I made peach crisp, bought some new candles, have had a fair share of Pumpkin Spice Latte's from Starbucks... but this year has been different for a lot of reasons. We miss our family, our friends, the comfort their wisdom brings. But so many life lessons have already been learned this fall. I can't deny or be un-grateful for what the Lord is doing in our life.

As a result... I've been a bit unplugged from social media. :) Life has taken precedence. I hope to get back in the swing (of blogging) here soon, but until then, Jared and I covet your prayers. For daily reminders of God's Presence in our lives, and His overwhelming sense of Peace.

Happy season of change! It's still my favorite time of year.... until the first snow... then Christmas music... then Christmas... then springtime buds and rain... then flip flops... who am I kidding, I love change when it comes to the seasons. So right now, Fall rules all. Scarfs, apple cider, candles, football, apple orchards, peach crisp, boots and belts and sweaters, Indian corn, pumpkin bars, candy corn, sweet corn, cinnamon, pumpkin pumpkin and more pumpkin, bright leaves, crunchy leaves, crisp air, chili... sigh. I needed that.

Have a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment