Friday, July 8, 2011

Girls Weekend

I'm back! I've been thinking about wanting to blog for the last probably 3 weeks... but as the phrase goes, we've been a bit too busy living life to write about it! So what better way than to jump back in than to recap my weekend (in June....) with the girls at Kelly's cabin!


Aah, Lake Belle Taine, you were good to us! Thankfully we weren't quite as white at the end of the trip as we were here... in the middle of all that June rain, we somehow managed to squeak a fabulous weekend of sunshine in! Thank you Lord!


One late afternoon (post sun exposure) we headed "into town" where Annie, Katie and I (literally) got dumped off the side of the road at a candy store, while Kelly and Rachel ran
some grocery errands. We're talking, old time candy here. It was so quaint and cute! Thankfully I only came home with a small bag.


Ok, in truth, after Kelly and Rach came back I ended up adding a little more to that bag.......
I DO still have the pieces I was planning to give away... (oh yah, Dad... I have pumpkin pie taffy for you!!) We finished with a stop at Compeneros in Dorset for chips and salsa and some famous margaritas!


And what would a cabin weekend getaway be without a dinner over the fire? It was a must. We might not be as good at cooking over the fire as our guys are.... (they had french toast and all the breakfast fixings at their man camp weekend right before ours... post on that to come from Jared soon...) but we sure know how to enjoy it! And thank you Velda for teaching me how to roast a killer marshmallow.


After a wonderfully relaxing Saturday (the 25th of June might I add... ;) the girls surprised me with Happy Birthday cupcakes and singing! The cupcakes would have been enough guys, really... ;) Just kidding! I loved it all and it was such a fun way to spend my birthday weekend! And MN Twins cupcakes at that. They know me too well. The tea light made the final touch. I now understood why we got dumped on the curb by the candy store. :)


Thank you everyone for all the birthday texts, facebooks, and love! I did have a great birthday! And Kelly, Katie, Rach, and Annie.... I love you guys so much! Thanks for a fabulous weekend of relaxation and FUN in the sun!!

1 comment:

  1. The picture of the girls in the candy store looks very "posed".

    ReplyDelete