Sunday, December 19, 2010

Here's to a great weekend!

In my book, this man is a legend - and ask any member of my high school choir graduating class and they will agree. My experience in choir throughout high school was one of my top 5 experiences of all time. Ranks right up there with my high school volleyball team. :) Jared joined myself, along with 12 other of my classmates, to wish the choir director, Woody, the best at his final Christmas concert before he retires. Now, I would have to write a book to describe to you the traditions and emotions behind this renowned Christmas concert. But to keep it short and sweet, it's awesome! :) Silent Night - however often I hear it, will always bring me back to opening the concert. And the Hallelujah Chorus - however infrequently I hear it, will always bring me back to the close. And everything in between I have on DVD to watch. :)
Singing for Woody was an honor, and I will never ever lose the memories I have of those 4 years. Thank you for your love for your students, and sharing the blessing on music with me!


After my wonderful reminiscent evening... we settled in for a weekend of dogsitting and baking! I decided on three christmas cookie recipies this year. One from my childhood, one from my "adult childhood" and one new one. I think I have to say that the new one takes the cake! White chocolate-Macadamia-Cranberry cookies. Yum. If you haven't finished your baking yet, (or even if you have!) I'd reccomend these!! See the recipie below. :)



White Chocolate Macadamia Cran Cookies
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1/2-3/4 cup macadamia nuts, chopped
1 cup dried cranberries

375 degree oven. Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl cream butter, brown sugar and sugar until smooth. Beat in egg.
In another bowl, combine flour and baking soda; stir into sugar mixture. Mix in the white chocolate chips, nuts, and cranberries. Drop by spoonfulls onto prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. For best results, take them out while they are still a bit doughy. Cool for a minute or so before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.

Well, my precious puppy stayed with us this weekend while Mom & Dad went out of town. I honestly think I can say that Jared loved it more than I did! At one point all 3 of us were cuddling... me on one arm, the dog on the other! :) Never having grown up with a dog, Jared has taken to Sami quite well. He's smitten. I actually heard a bit of a whine on Friday night that she couldn't sleep on the bed with us. :)


Enjoy the week before Christmas!! "For unto us a child is born, to US a Son is given...!!"

1 comment:

  1. Oh my word, YUM Skyler!! Those cooies look delicous! And Sami is adorable!

    ReplyDelete