Monday, November 29, 2010

Our Thankful Thanksgiving

What a joy it was to spend Thanksgiving in Storden, MN with Jared's awesome family. After arriving Wednesday night in snow, we were joined by 14 of the Johnson's to celebrate all the Lord has done for us! We were not short of food by any means... Chris, Jared's mom, fed us well! My favorite was the cherry, but pecan with a close second.

                       

The "settling" process consisted of a very loud game of Loaded Questions - highly recommended - we haven't laughed that hard in awhile! I'm learning that's what you get when you combine a large crowd of Johnson's plus food. I love my new family. The best part is that they love each other SO much, they love the Lord, and they love to have fun.

Well, in my opinion, "Black Friday" does not mean shopping. It means decorating for Christmas! Jared, his parents Dave & Chris, and I spent the whole day preparing for this wonderful upcoming season! We listened to the classic Christmas songs, watched Miracle on 34th Street, baked cookies, and pretty much played "elves"... bringing Christmas decor to their house! It was AWESOME.


Let's bring in the Christmas season with JOY! These Johnson's are excited... are YOU?

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit you hit the jackpot when it came to marrying into a fun and loving family. I'm always amazed at the reaction I get from people when I tell them that we action enjoy each others company...maybe we should start recruiting?

    p.s. Super glad to have you a part of the family Skyler...even if you pick the cherry pie...grandma's pumpkin pie had all the others beat--hands down! :D

    ReplyDelete