Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

My mom is the best. The best mom out there! She’s closer than a mom to me… she’s my friend.  And every day I love her more! Mom, thanks for being such a good example of a wife, Godly woman, and awesome mother. I love you! Happy Birthday! 

In other thoughts, Jared and I have been challenged lately by James 1:5-8. Recently, we have been fervently praying over a specific situation in our lives, and this morning, God answered our prayers... the way our heart was asking. We had been preparing ourselves for whatever answer He was to give, trusting that HE is Sovereign and we are not. Our plans are not always His plans. However, He decided to answer our "selfish request" and we are so thankful. All glory to Him! After we received this confirmation, though, I still found myself doubting! And thoughts such as these went through my head, "Well, I'd still like another sign," or "I hope this is actually true." And then it hit me. James 1.

"If any of you lacks wisdon, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to you. But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind. That person should not expect to receive anything from the Lord. Such a person is double-minded and unstable in all they do."

I had given this situation over to the Lord. We asked God! I had clung to Phillipians 4:6-7 and truly felt that His peace was "guarding my heart" from repeated attacks of doubt. But after our waiting period, when He finally answered, WHY was I still doubting? I have no reason. None. God heard me! I asked, He gave! I am now challenged even more than I was before. You can go through all the "steps" seeking to hear a word from the Lord, relinquishing control, and believing! BUT, when you finally hear from him (whatever His answer), DON'T look back. Believe it.


In Him,
S

2 comments:

  1. I love being your mother and friend! Thank you for the heartfelt words. You and Jared helped make my bday special. On another note you are a fantastic writer and have given me much to think on too. God is so gracious to take us even in our doubts. XOXO ME

    ReplyDelete