Tuesday, July 8, 2014

the fourth + all things usa

The fourth of July. I simply love love love the festivities, fireworks, time outdoors, fireworks, national spirit, fireworks, and the abundance of activities centered around our friends. Oh, and the fireworks. Any of you that knew me as a child (ahem, high school student) would be shocked at how much my feelings towards those things have changed. :) They are now my favorite part of the day! 

This fourth was truly centered around those latter two things. Friends and fireworks. 


This year we had the privilege of introducing a new friend into the group, Alison's boyfriend Wesley - and to top it off - he isn't American... making this holiday and all things USA even more interesting for him (and all of us!). If I was him, my highlight (you know, other than being over here from Ireland to visit my special someone ;) would have to have been listening to Proud to be an American blare over the PA system while sitting in a blacked-out outdoor baseball stadium at night watching fireworks go off the day before Independence Day after watching the Twins get beat by the Yankees. Wow. It doesn't get much more patriotic than that! (He loved it, by the way).


Jared and I also had the fun experience of being on the big screen during the 6th inning and doing a quiz! Fun experience! 




The rest of the weekend breezed by with beautiful weather, time outdoors grilling, talking on the patio, girl time, guy time, classic 4th food, and a new location for fireworks viewing over the Stone Arch bridge in downtown Minneapolis.




I'm probably going to get in major trouble for that picture.... ;) but it is totally accurate. We laugh.











The fireworks and fanfare are all well and good, I love it all and it is such a fun holiday, but I do want to stop and thank not only the handful of you reading this that I know, but all those who have served or are currently serving in our military. We get to celebrate this day with the joy and fanfare we do because of you. Because of the past service and current service, sacrifice, time, dedication and honor you have given to our country. I don't take that lightly. Thank you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment