Saturday, October 6, 2012

quest for the perfect apple.


It's a relatively rare occasion that we actually pick apples when we go to an orchard - but this year I had high hopes of dehydrating some, eating some, and making sauce. I'll keep you posted on how all that goes in our busy schedule. :) We spent a Sunday afternoon out in the country with some friends this past week, and it was simply gorgeous.




Suprisingly the boys were a bit pickier than we thought about finding good apples - I had myself pinned to that - so we did some climbing, but filled our bag with only the best.




I have been coming to this orchard since I was young, so it definitely holds a lot of good memories for me. It's calm, has a cute tractor ride into the orchard, beautiful tree walks, yummy treats... what more do you need? The Graff's were super fun company - always are.







Ryland is getting so big. With a 1 year birthday coming up soon he just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter. Love this little boy.


I think his favorite part of the day was gnawing on an apple while we picked - all he was getting was juice, but that was the best part!



It was relatively warm for a "fall date" but I couldn't go to an orchard without a scarf... and once it clouded over, it felt very fallish. Especially with leaves falling on us.


And if this color doesn't just make your heart leap.... God is such an artist. I am so thankful he created me with the heart to be moved by seasons, color, etc. Fall makes me so in awe.


We capped off our day stopping by the state's largest candy store - drooling over the treats, and splurging on some amazing root beer and fresh ginger ale. Love me some real ginger. It was everything an orchard day should be. Apples, scarfs, colorful leaves, my best friend and our best friends. Happy Fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment