Thursday, June 7, 2012

us in review.

WARNING: this post is sappy. And long. And about my best friend Jena. It was her birthday this week. Aside from the fact that I see her weekly, she is special and birthdays are to be celebrated in a special way. So... behold a {fraction} of our friendship in pictures. Now, I quickly realized (with a huge smile on my face) HOW many pictures we have together and how many memories they bring up. It was no small feat narrowing these down to an appropriate amount for blogging. (*Appropriate* in this case meaning completely over the top.) Now, I do realize not all of you love Jena as much as I do, and hence, if you're already bored reading this, I suggest you look no further. But these pictures to me, make my heart hurt good. Friends are priceless.

The first day of the THE EPIC SUMMER - 2007. Best summer of my life.
Junior year of high school after a formal.. just chatting it up in a window sill.
Senior year homecoming week. Class of '06!
"THE epic summer" - 2007. From here on out referred to as "TES" for convenience sake.  Just our usual day at the neighbors pool. Yes, that's right... the neighbors pool.
Senior skip day 2006 at Minnehaha Falls. Overdramatizing being in the river. A favorite trait for us.
Last Saturday. The first real day of summer at the beach!
One of our many drives. At this point I believe we had just finished McDonalds and were driving to Mora, MN. Hopefully not on the real road.
Graduating high school. A classic.
Obviously a formal. Junior year of high school? Such fun.
"TES." When our days of pooling and laughing were appropriately balanced out by watching FRIENDS in the gazebo. With our pillows.
Our favorite flip flops. At the beach last Saturday.
Engagement party #2. November 2011... my heart is happy!
Naturally wearing the same outfit.
Throwback day Junior year of high school. Yikes.
Engagement party #1. When she flew in from Michigan to celebrate with us. :)
"TES." And again with the matchy matchy.
"TES." I'm so glad we stopped taking these kind of pictures. Boccee ball day at Minnehaha falls with Jared and Nick, circa 2007.
"TES." Same day as the insane car picture. And somehow we match. Hmm. Go figure that one.
Visiting us in West Virginia. What a treat she was. Eating at Fat Patty's Pub.
In our comfies. Probably watching friends.
Last Saturday. This summer is going to be marked by sweet tea. And the beach, not the pool. Oh, and a wedding. :)

Cheers to you, dear friend!! You have been such a special part of my life. Thanks for sticking with me through high school, thanks for having my back. Thanks for all the laughs, and even more the serious times. Thanks for your spontenaity, and your joy, for always listening, and even more for being ridiculous with me. This handful of pictures doesn't do us justice, nor convey fully how amazing of a woman you are. :) Every person needs a friend like you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Ps. if you're still reading this... you deserve an A+ for effort. Props.

1 comment:

  1. I get an A+!!! I really enjoyed reading your post and looking at all the fun memories. Brought back memories of some of my old friends from those years in my life! Good job!

    ReplyDelete