Tuesday, November 29, 2011

an engagement!

When a special something happens for a special friend, there is reason to celebrate!


My best friend Jena is engaged to the love of her life, Jeff. Jeff and Jena Wagner. Has a wonderfully cute sound to it - just like them.



I am filled with joy for these two. Not only because I love seeing my friends so happy, but because she is so special to me. She's an "all cards on the table, let's be real" kind of friend. I love her because she's bubbly, honest, intentional, spontaneous (she helps me in that department), and loves life. We simply have fun. More than fun though, she's been there for me when I need it, and I love her dearly for that.



So let the planning begin. I'm so thankful to be back in MN for this. However, Jena & Jeff's situation is a little bit different......

Corporal Jeffrey Wagner, marine, deployed today, November 29th, for Afghanistan. For 8 months. My heart is burdened for my friend, as she attempts this long journey of seperation and trust. However, the joy she retains knowing what awaits at his return - their wedding. In the interim, I ask for prayers, not only for a safe duty for Jeff, but for Jena and both their families as they give him over to serve our country. For Jena to be filled with the peace of the Lord, and confidence in trusting Him. For the Lord's hand of protection to surround Jeff, and keep him from harms way. Jeff - thank you for your dedication and courage! We're praying you through! CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment