Tuesday, March 8, 2011

With Jesus

As some of you already know, Jared's Grandpa Jack went to be with Jesus this past week. No more sorrow, no more pain! However, it has left a hole in the family, and he will be greatly missed. I was so fortunate to be able to spend time with him while becoming a part of the Johnson clan. He and Grandma Barb would come out to Storden to visit in their RV. Although I never drove with him, I hear that there was never a better RV driver than Grandpa! I was warmed by his care and his love for me, even though I was such a new addition to the family. Jared and I, on more than one occasion, have spoken about how THANKFUL we were that he was able to make it to our wedding in July. His joy over that was written on his face and in his laugh. It is a special memory for us!


Being blessed with wonderful grandparents is a gift - I not only have them myself, but I have gained! I feel blessed by the love they have shown to me, and the love I already have felt for them as grandparents. Grandma Barb gave me a special gift for our wedding day... a beautiful pair of earrings that I  had noticed months earlier. And every time I look back at pictures, it is a small, but significant reminder of the love grandparents have for the grandchildren.


I know the love that Grandpa Jack had for ALL his grandchildren, it was overwhelming. And I feel so blessed that I was able to be a small part of it. A glimpse into the hearts that loved my husband... there is nothing better. I ask for prayers for the whole family - specifically for Grandma Barb, as well as Jared's mom, Chris as we look back on, and thank the Lord for Grandpa Jack. We are headed down to Arizona tomorrow through the weekend to celebrate his life. Praise God from whom all blessings flow - the Lord has given and the Lord has taken away... BLESSED be the name of the Lord! We love you Grandpa Jack!


Hold tight to the hand of Him, whose love will comfort you!
Romans 15:13 "May the God of ALL hope, fill you with all joy and PEACE as you trust in HIM, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit!"

**All photos in this post copyright/courtesy of Fishtale Photography**

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about his granpa passing. Grandparents are so special. That is such a blessing you were able to be with him and he was at your wedding. Those earings are so beautiful!

    I hope you have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jared & Skyler, know I am praying for all of you during these days of grieving, sorrow and loss. I pray that you will feel the presences of the Lords arms around you.

    ReplyDelete