Sunday, April 22, 2012

kelly's bridal shower

It was most definitely a spring-ish day outside, and quite the day for a shower.... :) I don't humor myself very often, so I hope you put up with me.  



But inside, we were "beaching" it. Kells is getting married in 2 weeks in sunny Florida on the beach. It was only fitting that our girls would gather to celebrate her, Brad, and the anticipation of their new life.


It was such a fun Saturday afternoon... we kept ourselves thouroughly entertained with a few games, beach bingo, pina coladas, presents, and enough mother-daughter chatter to fill the living room. How convenient that our mom's gather just like we do. 7 moms, 7 daughters, throw in some wedding talk... enough said.



Now anyone who knows Annie, here, knows that this picture just needs to be documented. Here ye, here ye, Annie is doing something domestic. And it was the best darn ribbon boquet I've ever seen. She went there, and it worked.


Moving on. To the food, of course. Naturally...


I'll give you the short version. Pinterest meets Martha Stewart, they bond over homeade seashell chocolates, have a kid and all three of 'em showed up at this party... it was that good.


And no, I'm not kidding about the homeade seashell chocolates.



It was a great afternoon with the girls. I'm so excited for Kelly & Brad, as I know we all are, and it's only keeps getting more and more surreal to me how fun of a group we have. There is so much history - some as infants, some kindergarten, some elementary, some high school, some volleyball.... it's unbelievable to me how these girls have spanned my whole lenghth of life and yet we are still so close. It's truly a blessing.


So here's to my girls.... you're a beautiful blessing in my life. Congratulations Kelly & Brad!!

**Rachel, if you're reading this... you've procrastinated long enough. Get back to the books, my dear, you're going to be a big time lawyer someday. But I'm glad my blogs get you through your study breaks. ;) But go. Now.

And Annie.... this one was for you. Look how speedy I was! I'll try to keep up my pace. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment