Thursday, April 26, 2012

twenty four

Well, 23 years and 8 months to be exact. That's how long Alison and I have been "friends." As much as 3 and 4 month olds can be friends. But we like to think we were. I snagged this picture from Alison's facebook page. Not sure how old we were, but it's a favorite of ours. That's our friend Katie in the middle (hope you could have figured that one out. ;)


Our group celebrated Alison this past weekend, as she welcomed year 24. It was a fun get together at Crave... I enjoyed a grape, apple, and honey flatbread pizza (yum!) and Jared got endless prime rib. Which pretty much meant he could take a plate for the road... this place is so great. We had this killer round booth, that had curtains on one side that we could pull shut. Turning it into our own private and little (but swanky) den. We had some good laughs over everything from mafia meetings to who knows what when we first pulled them shut.




Side note: you never think you look old until you put a picture like this following a baby picture. It's almost shocking. But I digress. Anyway, it was quite the fun weekend. All the girls had just seen each other the day before at Kelly's shower, but we didn't get sick of each other. :) Just made the weekend more enjoyable!


I know I talk about this a lot, but it still gets to me every time. I feel so blessed that the friends we have are so close, and (for me at least) go so far back. I have an older client at work, who knows pretty much everything about our group and what we like to do, etc etc, because we're just that talkative, and every time I fill him in on the new happenings, he just keeps reminding me and telling me how lucky I am that I have such long term friends. I don't think it gets much longer than 23.8 years, huh Al?! I'm so thankful to have you in my life, along with every other one of you!


Such a beautiful birthday girl, inside and out!


Better than any birthday cake we could have baked her, that's for sure! Dustin, you sure put together a fun evening for your lady. She's very blessed to have you! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SWEET FRIEND! You are a wonderful constant in my life, and God delights over you!

Zephaniah 3:17 "... He will take delight in you with gladness, and He will rejoice over you with joyful songs..."


No comments:

Post a Comment