Monday, May 19, 2014

a trip to the zoo + the great MN springtime

The zoo, you guys. It's probably one of my all time favorite places. I know I've seen it over and over, and yet somehow, it doesn't get old to me. I have yet to see the Omaha or San Diego zoo, both of which are on my "more immediate" bucket lists. :) We had a full Saturday planned with our friends Mike, Kait, and Ryland, half of which included this wonderful place. We got a pretty early start, and were beyond thankful for a gorgeous weekend to be outside. It felt so good! Prepare for a picture dumping!






The last time we were here was over a year and a half ago, when this guy was confined to the stroller... he was much happier this time around. We have this same picture in the same spot when he wasn't even 1 year old yet and now here he is at 2 and a half. He's getting so big.






*totally gross bats. I never realized how much I disliked them until yesterday...*










After a great morning and early afternoon, we headed back to their place for naptime {which we all could have used...} however, we settled for talking all things life, marriage, family, and eating popsicles. Not to let the gorgeous weather pass us by, though, we ventured back outside for a park and driveway play-date before grilling out for dinner.



Oh, I'm sorry... did you think I meant Ryland? Just kidding, he was there too. 















We are so grateful for you guys! And so grateful that it looks like Minnesota springtime is finally here. We have been itching to get outdoors and yesterday was just what we needed. And with wonderful, wonderful friends. Aren't they a sweet family?







And one more of Mr. Crush to leave you with. I literally found the whole cast of Finding Nemo in this tank. It was awesome.



Happy monday. Happy spring. Happy beautiful weather week ahead! 

No comments:

Post a Comment