Sunday, October 13, 2013

taking stock :: currently


Making :: grocery list and to do list for the week. my favorite kind.
Cooking :: chili &  maple cornbread today. 
Drinking :: hot chocolate with marshmallows.
Reading :: Clive Cussler. This particular book for the 3rd time, I believe? Up next: Bread & Wine.
Wanting :: to go get acupuncture. and pumpkin caramel sauce from williams sonoma. and a dog.
Looking :: at the MLS listing for our neighbors house that just got flipped. who says you can't choose your neighbors... come on over guys!
Playing :: carbles. a new game we learned with friends yesterday.
Wasting :: one last roma tomato in our basket I just couldn't finish.
Wishing :: we had made it to an apple orchard by now.
Enjoying :: the mustard cardi I'm sporting today. with the big brown wood buttons.
Waiting :: for my cast iron skillet to bake in the oven. it's getting re-seasoned today.
Liking :: the way I re-organized the living room shelf for fall.
Wondering :: if I should get bangs. I think I've made up my mind. :)
Loving :: the length of Jared's hair right now. I really should note how long ago we cut it for special occasions.
Hoping :: the vikes win?
Marveling :: at the yellow trees. they are my absolute favorite.



Needing :: some new socks. my toes are too cold right now.
Smelling :: my fall candle. current fave: sweater weather from bath & body works.
Wearing :: my mustard cardigan with dark jeans and apparently an old pair of socks. ;) 
Following :: the same fruit fly around the kitchen. he has eluded me for too long.
Knowing :: that my God shall supply all my needs in accordance with his will. 
Thinking :: about the family photoshoot I'm headed off to here shortly.
Feeling :: full from lunch, cozy in my house, and thankful for weekends.
Bookmarking :: a site for a cozy loft getaway in Stillwater, and a page in my fave cookbook for roasted cauliflower with chickpeas and parsley.
Opening :: a jar of pickled beets. and eating right out of the can. thankfully Jared keeps his paws off those. ;)
Giggling :: when we quote lines from Over the Hedge. we watched it this week. Hammy cracks me up.
Planning :: our next fall fun day. Picnic is topping my list right now.

Thanks for the fun list idea, Jen! I'm going to try and pop back with a few of these Taking Stock posts occasionally. Especially during season changes. :) Happy Sunday, friends! 


No comments:

Post a Comment