Friday, March 2, 2012

the birthday boy

It was Jared's birthday yesterday! Aside from both of us working a full day, it was spent very relaxed, enjoying each others company, and relishing the fact that there were no sporting events to be at, no stories to write, and nothing to do besides be together.


We tried out a new restraunt that we've been wanting to for awhile, Chianti Grill, and it delivered. Their free birthday desserts were Creme Brulee and Tiramisu. Yes, please!! You put good creme brulee in front of me and you've won my heart. So pretty much that picture sums up my two favorite things in life - a bowl full of fried cream and sugar and my adorable husband.


It's not that often that Jared and I step up our restraunt game and go somewhere nice. (It's a mutual thing - we can be homebodies most of the time) So when we do go out to celebrate like this we always enjoy our conversations and feel so relaxed. Last night was no exception. My hubby is the best. I wouldn't want to spend an evening like that with anyone else. When we finally meandered home, there was a giant box by our front door.... and what it contained was just as much a birthday suprise for me as it was for the birthday boy.


The real deal. Fresh. Hand picked. Front yard grown. Arizona grapefruit from Grandma. It's like spring and summer and my birthday all wrapped up in a box. Over 2 dozen bursts of goodnes. Man, I love grapefruit. THANK YOU GRANDMA BARB!! What a treat.

So we closed Jared's birthday off with grapefruit. It was a great day, and I just love celebrating. So... happy birthday sweetie! I couldn't be more thankful and happy that I get to celebrate you!

2 comments:

  1. Love this post :) Happy Birthday indeed, and what a wonderful way to celebrate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your shirt Jared!! And I am glad to see you had a very happy birthday.

    ReplyDelete