Thursday, April 7, 2011

Little sisters

I was so excited. It had been far to long since I saw these 3 girls. We have spent many summers together while I was a PCA for Molly; at the beach, museums, doing girl stuff in their room.... the list goes on. Probably all too frequently I like to tell them how I came to see all 3 of them: Molly, then Laura and Haley, in the hospital when they were born. I remember it all! (Sure makes me feel o-l-d.) I actually remember confessing to their oldest sister that I didn't want the twins to come... that meant our moms would make us play with them too. :) But my perception on those two joys turned right around! I have never been more thankful for such sweet family friends. These girls are the little sisters I never had. I think of them as such, and I know they think of me as a big sister. They're so special to me! The bond they have also developed with Jared now, is truly awesome. He's a big brother they never had! So when mom + dad "be-bopped" to Hawaii.... guess who got to entertain them!? US! Here are some special moments, on this love-filled friday.

 Morning love - white hot chocolate & dark hot chocolate (unfortunately both weren't mine.) ;)

Breakfast love - a trip to Great harvest for apple "scruffins!" That's their mix of a scone + muffin top. Truly ingenious. I mean, it's the only part of the muffin you eat, anyway...

Sister love - had to let those "scruffins" settle. :)

Nature love - we walked Lake Calhoun to burn off those scruffins! It looks colder than it was - except for around the windy part of the lake!!!

Puddle jumping love - she was so sad at first when we couldn't find any good and muddy puddles. It's one of her favorite things to do in the spring! But just when we were losing hope......

The big guys came out.... VERY frequently. :) Dosn't that just make your heart happy?!! It does mine... and it looks like it did to Laura's too! Man, I adore these girls...

Picture love - We do love using our camera. :) And props to Jared for all these! I was probably skipping with Miss Molly while she was singing about the puddles. :) Lake Calhoun is a beautiful place.



Comfort food love - and what sounded better after a moderately chilly 4 mile walk? (That I somehwat turned into an aerobic walk much to the dismay of the girls... ;) Comfort food at its finest!! And I don't know about you, but this is in our top 3 for ultimate comfort foods!

Youthful games love - yup... we played twister! Funny how your not as good at it in young adulthood as you were when you were 7. :) Case in point, the hammy look on my face.

 The "good tired" love - we were beat! So we decided to hole up for the evening, watch a movie, and in Laura's case... take a nap! Fireplace was on, a blanket nest was created, popcorn was popped, and we were all happy as clams!


I wish I had more fridays to spend this way - carefree, nothing to think about.... with people I love. But even if they're few and far between, I appreciate them. So glad to consider these girls my not-so-little-anymore-I-guess sisters! They bring me true joy. :) And they filled up a FUN friday!!!
_________________________________________________________________________

Stay tuned for what FUN FRIDAY Jared and I have cooked up tomorrow!!!! We're starting early at 5am... This will be a good one, folks! But for now, enjoy your Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment