Sunday, February 9, 2014

snow sculptures + winter carnival

Well, we didn't make it out to the ice sculptures this year as usual, but I was able to make a last minute effort to see the snow sculptures out at the state fairgrounds as part of the St. Paul winter carnival! As the temps have remained bone-chillingly low { I do believe I heard that today is our 43rd day this season staying below zero(!!) yikes!}  it has been a bit of an effort to get outside, stay active, or even enjoy the winter, but we have been doing our best. I have been feeling like my body has been acclimating to the arctic temperatures, such that on a day we are only in the negative single digits, it feels quite bearable. Goodness knows what 32* will feel like!! 



I think the last time I saw the snow sculptures, I was quite young. They don't do them every year, like they do the ice sculptures, but turning a big hunk of snow into such detail is pretty amazing as well!! I always love finding things to do around our area. I don't have mountains to drive up to, or beaches to frequent, as much as I would LOVE either of those things around me... :) so it's always fun to visit these kind of exhibits when there is the chance! 





Jared is still quite busy on the weekends, with Saturday double header basketball games, or writing stories, or even just mountains of homework.... so I was kind of bummed that he wasn't able to tag along to see these, but I was thankful that Dave & Chris were in town, and wanted to go exploring, and my parents as well.  

We are looking quite forward to this fall when Jared graduates with his MBA - not only a huge accomplishment, but we are anticipating the hours that it will free up for him. Especially on the weekends. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment