Monday, May 7, 2012

summer eats

Summer food is here! My windows are open, and although it's dinner for one tonight... (Bethel baseball made the playoffs - good - that means no hubby for me - bad) I am so enjoying this fresh and summery food.


It's a pretty basic combo, but I haven't been able to get enough of it lately. Ok, so maybe it's just the avacado I can't get enough of... but the whole thing is really top notch. Spinach + shredded chicken + sunflower seeds + little bit of feta + grape tomatoes + avacado! + Brianna's blush wine vinagarette. It's full of light summery-ness, Mmmmm. Throw in some fresh green beans, peppers, apples, and I'm set!


So there. I'm sure you all have been on pins and needles to know what I'm eating tonight, (ahem, not.) but I just had to document the freshness. Until the hubby gets home, I plan on enjoying the breeze, looking at the lush trees in the backyard, munching on my apple, and effectively choosing to ignore the piles of laundry that taunt me in our closet. Hey, I cleaned the kitchen when I got home. Take that, laundry.

Happy "summer" night!

1 comment:

  1. That salad looks delectable :) It’s amazing what fresh veggies and avocado will do to some spinach, eh! Hope you’re enjoying getting settled in your new home – we love working with Brad!!!

    ReplyDelete