Tuesday, February 14, 2012

love + commitment

Well, as it's Valentines day, I am overwhelmed with all the love going around. :) So I thought I'd share a few things about commitment that have been standing out to us lately. This past weekend, Jared and I had the honor of attending a dedication for two special little girls. Their mommy and daddy are very special to us, close friends and solid examples of a Godly marriage. When they asked us if we would consider taking on the role of Godparents for their girls, we were so honored. We have the ability to invest in these girls' lives spiritually as they grow, and we will not take that lightly.


As I was thinking about the responsibility and joys of what our role in Aubrey & Emma's life looks like, it brought me to think about not just how much we need to love them, but how much commitment is involved when you are a special part in someones life. I'm not just talking about husband/wife relationships, but also friendships, coworkers, extended family... it takes work to maintain healthy relationships! In my attempts to be the best wife I can for Jared, I hope I never forget that I should also be praying over, investing, and remembering how important all the other relationships in my life are.


I so desperately want to be a good wife. friend. worker. listener. daughter. homemaker. carer. Is it all attainable? I want every facet of my life to show that I am invested, and that what I am doing matters to me. Because what I do matters to the Lord. It is for Him that I work. listen. be a friend. care. love my husband. And that takes commitment! I am praying this valentines day that my "love" spills over into all areas of my life, and that it shows itself in my commitment. Ryan & Mindy, Aubrey & Emma, we love you, and we are commited to praying for you as a family.

But... it's still a romantic day. And even as I'm feeling the depth of this "high bar" called commitment, it still gives me smiles when I saunter into the bathroom to find the small things like valentines roses and a love note from my romantic husband.


Happy love + commitment day friends!

Collosians 3:12-17
"Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.
 Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. "

1 comment:

  1. We are so excited to have you be such a big part in Aubrey and Emma's lives, too. So glad you could made it for the dedication ceremony. Love does take commitment, but it's SO worth it!

    P.S. Your roses are beautiful. Good work Jared!

    ReplyDelete