Tuesday, May 15, 2012

oh, what you've taught me

A finite list does not do you justice, mom. Oh, all the things I've learned from you....

1} send thank you cards
2 } don't bite your fingernails
3 } work hard
4 } don't lay down after dinner
5 } if i'm bored, clean something
6 } clean things whether i'm bored or not
7 } submit
8 } prayer changes things
9 } spontenaity never hurt anyone
10 } wasting time doing something you enjoy is not time wasted
11 } keep a list
12} always try the recipie the way it's written first, then change things
13} snack on fruit. have a banana.
14} give lots of hugs
15} love God first, and my family second
16} how to make a bed
17} how to iron
18}  the importance of reading
19} how to cook
20} the example of studying the Bible
21} the true meaning of humility
22} to always lotion your feet
23} if you're going to sneeze, may it be heard to alaska.
24} to pray intentionally
25} to find the simple pleasures in life, and drink them in

A list of 25 that has already exponentially grown in my head. The list doesn't end there. Day in and day out she is in the buisness of teaching me, growing me, and challenging me. And
although this is not a reality yet, I can say with FULL intention, that the #1 thing my mom is teaching me day in and day out, is what it looks like to be a woman of the Lord who is a mom. She is the greatest example the Lord could have blessed me with. I love you mom!!! A happy {and belated} mother's day to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment