Monday, August 8, 2011

We are... Marshall

Well, here's a shorter version of our tour of Marshall! This campus was beatiful! There is so much tradition and history wrapped into this town. You can see it in the old buildings, and even the new ones. Eastern USA architecture has already gotten it's hooks into me.


Both Jared and I are already anticipating a game day here. :) When everyone breathes green, and if your'e not out tailgating, well...... that means you have no friends. Because they're all tailgating. :) I've already picked out the dry fit shirt I want Jared to get me.



Jared found out the sports that he will be working with this first year! According to him, his load is a lot more "balanced" than some of the other GA's. By no means less work... but that the coaches of his teams are all reasonable to work with, and only one requires travel. He's being such a good sport about getting all women's teams, though. He has Women's golf, women's soccer, and women's basketball. Women's soccer and basketball are pretty big deal's at Marshall, so he definitely will have his hands full! He'll also be spending a lot of time here....


I might have to deal with the bleacher butt of this thing we call WOMENS basketball and just go watch. I'll just lovingly watch my hubby instead of what's going on on the court. It'd probably be more interesting. (low blow, I know. But thankfully we've all laughed about my strong dislike for it.) I'll try. Open mind.

One of the most noted parts of this campus is the Memorial fountain they have in the center of campus honoring the victims of the 1970 football team plane crash. Every pinnacle on the fountain represents one of the 75 people who died. Players, coaches, staff, supporters, etc. It gets turned off every year on the day and time of the crash. It's a very somber but yet peaceful courtyard.




As I said, this courtyard area is right in the heart of the campus. And how beautiful it is. It was so great touring a new campus and knowing I didn't have to go back to school. ;)



That's John Marshall, Chief of Justice of the United States from 1801-1835. Yes, the school has been around for awhile. It was unreal seeing pictures of athletes on the Hall of Fame wall from like 1901. Glad we don't wear that small of uniforms anymore...

I'm so excited and proud of Jared for taking this opportunity. I'm happy he is taking on a job he loves, even though his task of balancing A LOT of work, travel, our marriage, the Lord (first and foremost), and getting his masters will not be easy. Again, we so appreciate your prayers. Here's to a new adventure on the East coast!!!


I'll be back in a day or two with pictures of our finished apartment! We have been worker bees this weekend, and it's all done! I just hate clutter.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment